Saturday, April 15, 2006

Multi-Teaming..

I don't know if there is sth called "multi-teaming" or not.. but I made up that expression from my mind...
Maybe this post is NOT very related to what I usually post here -maybe I'll delete this post later- ,but I just wanted to talk about that issue so much as its related to my programming life...

Let me begin explaining my title first...
Programming field has a very important concept called "Team Work"... I don't have personal experience in real job or work (cause I didn't work till now :) ), but I think college is enough to teach us that concept (through projects, acm ... etc)

All my life, I always like to work in teams (maybe being in a team since 9 increased that inside me...) , When I joined college, I searched for a team mate -althought I have many friends- ,but I found NONE...
later on, I began to find persons having common interests like me.. I joined in with them & made what is called "Teams"...

What is "Multi-teaming" then !!
I'll tell u... When you have the same members with u in a certain task or goal, then u can call yourself a "Team", The idea is that I have many Teams, & Can u imagine that noone is repeated in more that a team!!... mmm.. let me make things more clear...
My ACM team, Hend & Asmaa... My C++ Team, Sally & Shimaa... My Open GL Team, Heba 3essam, Abdel r7man M., Abdel r7man E..... My projects Team, Aya Nabil, Yasmine...etc....

As you can see.. Many Teams & all are different members...
This is what I call "Multi-Teaming"...

Talking About Multi-Teaming... I think it has Advantages & Disadvantages...

About the Advantages:
-"Multi-teaming" widen your thiking (I believe so) cause you think & create new things with different minds & different ways of thinking...
-"Multi-teaming" make you exchange information with different people & that -surely- always teach u sth new...
-"Multi-teaming" make you always enthusiastic about each team's task, I mean when u have new persons in each team.. they always think in one direction towards that team's goal & that always help u keep up in the same performance in each team...
-"Multi-teaming" strengthen you relation with people around u in ur community & helps in the interaction between people..

About the Disadvantages:
-"Multi-teaming" doesn't make you enjoy the taste of "Team work"... Imagine that u have many things to work on today... You go with X & Y to do sth, then after hours.. you go with A & B to do sth else... kind of unsettlement...
-"Multi-teaming" LOADS one so much... If people u work with are with u in everything, you will have the same palns, same tasks (not exactly the same, but I mean ... nearly the same ) ,but in "Multi-teaming", you always have to do many things & in the same quality as your team members (who in most of the time, do nth except that task..)

Till now, I don't prefer "Multi-teaming" so much, maybe "Di-Teaming" or "Tri-Teaming" would be enough :) ,but the problem is that I can't find someone to share me all my interests...

Till now, I'm still so confused about Multi-Teaming... sometimes I adore its advantages & other times, I just hate its disadvantages...

anyway, just wanted to share a personal experience, here in my blog...

No comments: