Friday, May 19, 2006

OOP Project 1

e7l.. the project has been delievered yesterday.. I won't talk in details about the delivery for many reasons.. the main is that I didn't do it for just taking marks + this has nth to do with wt that blog is made for + I wasn't happy with wt happened....

Talking about the project... Actually I didn't add more functionality to the project...(simply cause I wasn't convinced with the design they made & I didnt want to add any tables to it...), I did nth more than the requirments.... just some short reports at the main page (actually, it wasn't my idea.. Thanks for suggesting :) .. ) I was much concerned with the interface & making the other requirments so perfectly...

what are the new things I learnt from that project ?
- some GDI+
- Dealing with events handlers & delegates more flexible.
- Code reusability (make good use of wt others do instead of doing it from scratch) .
- Making good use of the controls & components of the .net to produce sth that looks good.

----------------------------------------------------
This is the Interface of the application... Hope its clear enough :) .. mmm.. There are buttons on the left for moving between forms.. I think buttons are more practical esp for things that are required a lot for the user (as making a reservation & checking rooms availbility).. I added some menus at then end cause almost All people told me "its better to make menus".. don't know y!! .. anyway.. I still don't like menus.. but maybe I can add both & the user have to choose (as many applications we use in daily life...)
BTW.. I used a class that was made by someone on code project to play sounds.. I used it in to make some effects for the mouse moving on the buttons + some few visual effects...



----------------------------------------------------

Here comes the most important form in the application & the most one that made me tired (esp as a functionality)...mmm... about the shape.. (simple use of GDI+)... & added some mouse event handlers to be able to move the form freely...

I'm now so tired.. I will go to sleep now..

To be continued ISA..

1 comment:

Asmaa Magdi said...

gr88 project Roaa (Y)(Y)(Y)
bgd 3agabny moot :D
shaklek te3ebty feeh awy ma sha2 Allah :D

el 7aga el wa7eeda elly kanet na2saah bass is to put my name fel nas elly 7agzeen rooms :huh :P:P